Now Hiring for a Payroll Accountant in Des Moines!
Qualified Candidates will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with business units to ensure weekly time cards are submitted correctly
- Accurately prepare, compute, input, and process payroll for Company hourly employees
- Update employee records for paid time off and benefit information, position and title changes, location changes, and wage increases
- Ensure proper approvals are obtained for employee transactions
- Print and distribute payroll checks; prepare checks to be mailed as necessary
- Ensure union payroll related matters are in compliance by verifying rates, titles, benefits, deductions, and monthly reports for accuracy
- Maintain hourly personnel payroll records
- Reconcile gross to net payroll reports and verify taxable figures
- Coordinate unemployment compensation claims with a third party administrator
- Complete verifications of employment
- Prepare and validate certified payroll reports
- Communicate effectively and build trust both inside and outside of the company for payroll-related matters
- Meet established quality standards while ensuring content is accurate to avoid re-work
- Routinely test and challenge updates in the computer system-operating environment to ensure accuracy
- Identify, recommend and/or implement process changes to make the payroll process more efficient
- Stay abreast of changing government regulations regarding payroll
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, procedures, and core values
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- A Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is desirable, but not required.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience of payroll-related experience is required.
Hours are flexible between the hours of 7am-830am to 4pm-530pm
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
Associated topics: benefit analyst, bonus, compensation, compensation analyst, consultant, insurance, payroll, payroll consultant, payroll specialist, payroll transformation