At Ferrara Candy Company, we are aggressive about growing which is supported and enabled by an equally aggressive technology roadmap. If you would like to become part of an Information Technology team intent on partnering with our business to build our future, this is your opportunity.
The Ferrara Candy Company, an affiliate of Ferrero Group, is one of the fastest growing CPG companies in the country. We are the No. 1 player in seasonal non-chocolate and No. 2 in non-chocolate confections.
Want to make an Impact?
The Workday Administrator is a key role within Human Resources at Ferrara Candy Company. Our aggressive HR agenda is exclusively driven by Ferrara's success and strategic growth initiatives. The Workday Administrator acts as a specialist within all HR process areas. As such the role works closely with our HR business partners (HRBPs) and Centers of Expertise (CoEs) to translate requirements into solutions that consistently add value to the entire HR family as well as to our business.
Representative technologies include, but are not limited to Workday, ADP, Kronos.
Ways you will make a difference
HR and IT Partnership:
* Work as a trusted partner and consultant to the HRBPs and CoEs understanding their strategic plans and objectives and linking all HRIS projects directly to those plans. * Liaise with IT to ensure the IT needed capabilities to enable the business goals are appropriate.
Solution Implementation and Administration:
* Responsible to manage implementation, testing, lifecycle maintenance/administration of all HRIS projects and activities. * Handle all minor and major problems including non-routine situations specifically checking interface links when upgrades and new fields are requested that could potentially have an impact. * Conduct periodical and random data audits in all HR database systems as well as implement/maintain all HRIS analytical reports/metrics including the HR Dashboard. * Manage all aspects of the project portfolio within the HRIS area.
Internal/External Partner Management:
* Main interface and technical support in the HR team to external and internal partners for any HRIS topic. * Proactively manage HRIS partners to ensure needs and commitments are being met. * Ensure that our external strategic partners operate as an extension of the Ferrara team and are acting in the best interests of Ferrara.
* Understand the application architecture and essential elements of how applications are configured to meet the needs of the HR team. * Understand when and how patches and upgrades are applied to systems and the impact that those upgrades have on the HR team as it applies to new functionality and the potential disruption of services.
* Develop and manage all HRIS procedures, processes and system documentation for HR Applications and systems security; ensure all HR Responsibilities are assigned to the appropriate employee based on their job duties. * Perform group data updates, exports, imports, clean-ups, and researches/reports on any data discrepancies; confirm accuracy and integrity of all data entered, maintain and audit data in HRIS systems and databases and ensure information is available on a timely basis. * Create and maintain reports, design documents, graphs, charts and statistics in support of human resources operations; along with intermediate ad hoc data requests. * Identify and recommend technical solutions to address opportunities to improve existing processes to further streamline and optimize operational effectiveness within Human Resources. * Assist HRBPs and CoEs with the development of project plans and proposals. * In collaboration with IT balance a portfolio of complex, major systems projects simultaneously that provide maximum leverage and enhance HR service delivery and data quality across HR functional areas and locations while defining requirements, establishing project objectives, and defining process achievements. * Work assigned schedule, exhibit regular and predictable attendance and work outside of the normal schedule as required to meet workload demands; perform other related duties as required.
Skills that will make you successful
* Dynamic and enthusiastic personality combining flexibility and creativity. * Knowledge of HR processes, policies, practices, laws and regulations (e.g. FMLA, DOT) * Strong communicator with the ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a level of detail that can be easily matched to our current system capabilities. * Proven experience developing project plans and leading projects to completion. * Proven ability to build and maintain successful relationships across HR and IT partners, external partners and any other business stakeholder. * Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Must have strong understanding of cloud based applications and data integration between multiple application platforms.
Experiences that will support your success
* 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering HRIS projects, configuring and supporting Workday as a platform. * Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field or 3 to 5 years of equivalent work experience is required. * Prior success managing external IT service providers to deliver solutions. * Relevant certifications matched to business subject matter. * Proven experience and knowledge of integrated technical ecosystems such as Workday, ADP, Kronos. SAP and/or SuccessFactors would be a plus.
The Ferrara Candy Company has more than 4,000 employees who work together to share goodness in every bite. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, we have an operational network of manufacturing, distribution and R&D facilities across North America.