Do you have a passion for talent and to drive the recruiting craft to the next level? How about building strategies to find the talent that will design smart factories or the next generation of software defined satellites? The Director of Talent Acquisition role epitomizes this opportunity.
Space is not a place to go, it's a place to do and at Lockheed Martin Space, we do difficult. In other words, we design and build stuff and send it into space whether it's to Mars or taking samples of asteroids, or building GPS and communications satellites. We also like thinking beyond today and we want you to feel the same. This position can be summarized in this way:
* Lead a 90+ person Talent Acquisition team chartered with recruiting top engineering and operations talent
* Continue to grow and scale strategic acquisition initiatives for college, interns and experienced professionals in addition to leading new employee experience programs, global mobility and relocation
* Implement and use state of the art technology and tools to enable recruiting of the future
This role falls within the Human Resources (HR) organization that leads recruitment, hiring coordination & strategic sourcing, marketing/branding and onboarding for over 40 locations. A true Center of Excellence, providing leadership for the enterprise inclusive of recruitment at all levels from campus to senior executives and enterprise-wide (global) projects, programs, and partnerships.
Reporting to the VP of HR, this role will lead a geographically dispersed team of close to 90 employees consisting of 7 managers with responsibility for hiring close to 4,000 people annually.
But It Won't Be Easy!
* Majority of our hiring demand consists of highly skilled/hard to find engineering talent with security clearance requirements
* You will need to bring strong leadership, intuition for business, operational savvy, data analytics acumen, motivation and energy
* The Space culture is heavily weighted toward using predictive talent acquisition analytics to drive innovation and actions versus gut intuition
* Our business has diverse business models including high tech services, classified government programs, space exploration programs and commercial and international programs where many challenges exist to identify and recruit talent
First Year Objectives:
* Execute the LM Space experienced professional, early career hiring plans for 2019 and beyond
* Develop and deliver strategic sourcing & marketing/branding plans for diverse talent and critical skill segments
* Drive continuous improvement in recruiter productivity, time-to-fill, cost-per-hire, etc. through process efficiencies, training and technology.
This leader will be a trusted advisor to the business and will ensure recruiting resources are allocated to support the most critical business initiatives. They will own significant relationships with business and HR leaders and be accountable for recruiting, marketing and compliance tie to the business plans for business area. The person will partner with workforce planning teams to assess future skill requirements of Space and develop appropriate talent strategies.
Other Focus Areas:
* Create and implement impactful external/internal strategic programs that strengthen our ability to attract, assess, select and integrate an optimal blend of skills across all types of labor AND deliver the desired results for top talent high quality hires
* Provide key hiring metrics linked to business success measures through measurement of cost per hire, hiring cycle time, quality of hire, revenue contribution for direct positions, affordability cost reductions, and competitive hiring measures
* Craft, organize, and implement strategies and initiatives that will improve the overall hiring process and quality of hiring within LM.
* Design, develop, communicate and implement an integrated staffing strategy (Internal and External), supporting new and existing programs
* 10+ years of dynamic experience in human resources, talent acquisition, or talent management with 3-5 years of experience in the development and delivery of global talent initiatives