Mar 11, 2019 Job Number
19000PRY Job Category
Human Resources Location
Le Mridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, Dania Beach, Florida VIEW ON MAP Brand
Le Meridien Schedule
No Position Type
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott Internationals franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : ...@lemeridienfortlauderdaleairport.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Curated Hospitality Group.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotels employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This position will be at the property level who will plans and implements policies relating to all phases of human resources activities including recruitment, international and domestic. Selection, training & development, compensation & benefits administration, wage and hour issues, and employee safety. Ensures compliance with all EEO/Affirmative Action requirements. Assumes a strong leadership role in supporting a team member environment that strives to achieve a high level of job satisfaction.
- The ability to have a balance in being a Strategic Business Partner while also being hands-on leader
- Proven track record of success in all aspects of recruiting, international and domestic
- Previous experience in partnering with key leaders at the property to achieve property and organizational objectives
- Bachelor Degree preferred in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years professional experience in Human Resources, including 3 years supervising and managing staff in the Hotel/Resort environment
- Excellent command of various federal, state and local employment practices laws & regulations
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office products
- Energetic self-starter, with strong leadership skills, work ethic, and highest level of integrity
- Good driving record that meets insurance company standards
- Responsible for enforcement of company policies & standards through written material, training, and consistent administration
- Oversees management of all team member benefits, including rate renewal negotiations, claims handling, market surveys, open enrollment meetings
- Counsels employees & managers on employee relations issues and problems; ensures disciplinary actions & terminations are carried out legally & consistently
- Manages compensation programs through job & market analyses, & make recommendations on position wage ranges in a systematic and consistent manner
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Performance Management. Ensures that pay increases and performance appraisals are completed, submitted and received in a timely manner & signs off on all pay increases
- Oversees all company-wide training & development programs that are administered
- Oversees coordination of all employee recognition programs & events
- Prepares & monitors People Services budget & forecast
- Provides leadership to and supervises, trains, & evaluates staff
- Assume duties of EEO/ Affirmative Action Officer for the company as described in the companys Affirmative Action Plan
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: chief human resource officer, chro, guide, guidance, head, leader, leadership, monitor, senior director, vice president