TX San AntonioJob Type:
Human Resources GeneralJob Posting Title:
Plant - HR Generalist (Development)Job Description:
This position is primarily responsible for providing HR support to a plant based organization with regards to all aspects of HR including policy interpretation, performance management, investigations, HR reporting, rewards and recognition, compensation, employment law, training and development, and succession planning. This position will also be involved in coordinating strategic HR initiatives such as onboarding and new hire orientation, talent acquisition and employee and labor relations.
This role will report to the Senior HR Director for the division and will primarily provide support for plant based personnel which will include: salaried and hourly employees within Production, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and other plant based functions.Position Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Provide coaching and advice to management on effective ways to administer HR programs and manage employee issues.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Actively participates in the staffing and selection process.
- Owns onboarding process, equipment/services ordering, network/system access, scheduling and conducting new hire orientation, HRIS Workday entry, including compensation changes.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Point of contact for benefit inquiries and may participate in annual open enrollment.
- Assist in implementing programs and policies to ensure EEO/AAP legal compliance.
- Leverages strong relationships across the HR function, sharing best practices.
- Provides support to the organization on development programs such as mentor programs, career pathing, etc.
- May be responsible for Kronos workforce timekeeping and attendance.
- Assists HR Manager and EHS Manager in the management of worker's compensation process and other EHS initiatives.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law
- Effective and deliberate communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to effectively multi-task with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work closely with management and leadership teams
- Ability to develop strong consulting relationships and influence business leaders through coaching and partnership
- Highly motivated, energetic, hands-on
- Bachelor's Degree
- HR Generalist internship experience or related
- Master's Degree preferred
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ...@treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.EEO Considerations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, hrbp, human resources associate, human resources generalist, officer, operations partner, representative